These are great tips!
Jayah Faye Paley explains that “learning how to use poles enables you to navigate everyday obstacles as well as improve balance, endurance, walking gait, agility and posture. When polewalking, you feel taller and more confident! A profound freedom of movement is experienced – as if you have 4 legs.” Her list of other benefits includes:
Benefits of Poles for Walking, Exercise, Balance & Mobility
- Achieve, maintain, even regain mobility
- Use upper body muscles to improve strength and help preserve joints
- Reduce stress on knees, hips and spine
- Achieve a more even gait & reduce risk of falling
- Maintain & Restore spine function; improve bone density
- Enjoy the outdoors, connect with your buddies and get great exercise!
Jayah Faye Paley is a mobility coach, ACE & AFAA certified personal trainer and educator. She teaches for many organizations including State and National Parks, East Bay Regional Park District, Point Reyes…
View original post 165 more words